News

News image

Kebbi: Man, wife, three children die in fire


  Share via: 


Tragedy struck in Koko town in the Koko Local Government Area of Kebbi State after a couple, Kehinde and Kehinde Sarafa, were burnt to death in a fire that gutted their apartment.
The couple’s three children, Abdullahi (male, four years old); Alimat (female, three years old) and Moriam (female, one year old), were also reportedly burnt beyond recognition.
Reports say friends and family members of the victims that Kehinde, aka Lasisi, had been living with his family in Sokoto State, where he worked as a digital photo printer.
He was said to have moved to Koko, Kebbi State, after securing appointment with a top-flight company.
Punch revealed that after about four months of shuttling from Sokoto where his family was, and Kebbi, the place of his new job, he decided to relocate his wife and children to his two-bedroomed flat in Koko.
The 38-year-old reportedly turned on his generator on Monday and went to sleep with his family.
However, around 1.30am on Tuesday when the electricity distribution company restored power, there was said to have been an explosion in the meter, which resulted in the fire.
Lasisi’s elder brother, Tajudeen Abdulsalam, said residents couldn’t save the victims due to the intensity of the inferno.

He said, “He was formerly based in Sokoto before he got a job in Koko. On Sunday, he went to pick his family members in Sokoto to live with him. He had been living alone in Koko until then. They had just spent one day together in the house when the incident happened.

Nowayo Music Contest

Comment

Leave a comment

We won't publish your email

The required fields have * symbols

Already have account??? Login