Vaginal odor is a common problem that most women have to deal with at least once or twice in their life.
Vaginal odor can be due to a number of reasons, such as bacterial growth, yeast infections, poor hygiene, hormonal changes, and sexually transmitted diseases.
If the problem is due to infection, there may be symptoms like redness, itching, burning and irritation in the vaginal area. A fishy odor down there, in particular, is caused by bacterial vaginosis.
Here are some home remedies to vaginal odor
Citrus foods can also help your body fight infections more effectively and prevent vaginal odor. Citrus foods are rich in vitamin C, an immune booster, and they can also help remove harmful toxins present in the body.
A strong immune system will allow your body to fight off the harmful bacteria that cause vaginal odor. These fruits will also help fight urinary tract infections.
Simply eat fruits such as grapes, oranges, sweet lime, lemons, cranberries, grapefruits, pineapples and so on.
Check out some Tips
• Practice safe sex.
• Drink plenty of water throughout the day to flush out toxins and harmful bacteria from the body. It will also help ward off a variety of health issues.
• Avoid refined carbohydrates, caffeine and sugary drinks; sugar stimulates yeast production.
• Check for possible signs of infection that could be causing this problem.
• Maintain proper personal hygiene.
• Wear 100 percent cotton panties that allow air circulation and help keep the vulva ventilated, thus avoiding excessive perspiration.
• Change pads, tampons, and panty-liners frequently.
• Avoid using scented products down there as they may contribute to unbalanced vaginal pH.
• If the problem mostly occurs after intercourse then simply wash the vagina with mild soap and water after sex.
• At times, women simply do not like the normal vaginal odor caused by vaginal secretions. However, there is nothing bad about it, you just need to respect your body and embrace your natural odor.
If the problem is severe or does not get better with the home remedies then it is suggested to consult a doctor.
Garlic Remedies for Vaginal Odor
Garlic is a known natural anti-bacterial herb. Having garlic can get you rid of bad bacteria that cause vaginal odor. The strong antifungal properties of garlic also help eliminate the plethora of fungus causing yeast infection and giving rise to mild vaginal odor.
Ways to Use Garlic for Vaginal Odor
1. Eat 1-2 raw garlic cloves with one glass of warm water in the morning on an empty stomach.
2. Insert one clove of peeled garlic into your vagina and leave for a couple of hours. Wash or take bath after removing the garlic clove. Do this once or twice a week to get rid of vaginal odor.
3. Include garlic in your dishes like salads and dips.
4. Crush some garlic cloves to make paste. Apply this garlic paste to your vagina and leave for about 10 minutes. Wash or have bath after this.
Baking Soda Remedies for Vaginal Odor
One of the causes of vaginal odor is imbalanced pH level of your body. Baking soda can instantly level your pH level. So, when you are up to go out and realize your vagina is emitting foul smell, drink a glass of water mixed with some baking soda. You may actually like to use baking soda to wash your vaginal area regularly to keep its pH levels balanced.
Ways to Use baking Soda for Vaginal Odor
1. Take 1-2 tsp of baking soda and mix this with a glass of water. Drink this daily.
2. Add half a cup of baking soda to water in your bath tub. Sit in this water for about 20 minutes. This treats yeast infection and instantly eliminates vaginal odor.