nowayobloggers

A section of the female hostel of the Isa Kaita College of Education, Dutsinma in Katsina State was Thursday night gutted by fire. The fire which was caused by an explosion from a cooking gas cylinder affected no fewer than 25 students, our correspondent gathered.

Items lost to the inferno included clothes, food items, beddings, books and other valuables.

The Provost of the college, Dr Maigari Abdu,  visited the scene to ascertain the level of damage.

The college’s spokesman, Muntari Bala, said those affected were temporarily accommodated and later asked to return home for a week to enable repair work to be carried out. He said all the affected students were to benefit from a palliative token of between N5,000 and N25,000, depending on the gravity of loss.

SHARE

Comments

    NO COMMENT

Leave Your Comment

Sign up to continue.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked.

Already a member?? Login